Re: Proposal: build service for LibreOffice extensions

Hi,

On Thursday, 2023-10-12 10:04:16 +0200, Hossein Nourikhah wrote:

> I suggest to create a build service for LibreOffice extensions

My opinion: be very very careful with that axe..

Executing makefiles, built executables and test scenarios of arbitrary
origin (even if reviewed) may open a door we may not want to seal and
maintain. Or only after very thoughtful implementation..

Furthermore, adding the generated extension to the extensions website
somehow would imply "this is reviewed and good", an attribute I'm not
sure we actually can nor want to provide or guarantee.

On the other hand, having a review and build process for extensions
published on the extensions website if properly done could have great
benefits as you lined out, specifically with security, license and
compatibility reviews.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A