Re: new bridgetest failures in 7.6 on ppc64le

On 10/5/23 10:38, Dan Horák wrote:
I would appreciate any tips and tricks how to attack this problem with
gdb, because I wasn't successful in getting into the right place or
process and relied mainly on the old school "printf" method :-)

The call

            TwoFloats aOut = xLBT->echoTwoFloats(aIn);

at testtools/source/bridgetest/bridgetest.cxx:474 goes to a dynamically created stub, generated at runtime by codeSnippet in bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_powerpc64/cpp2uno.cxx, which calls privateSnippetExecutor, which calls cpp_mediate, which (in its case typelib_TypeClass_INTERFACE_METHOD case's default case) calls cpp2uno_call, which at

    // invoke uno dispatch call
    (*pThis->getUnoI()->pDispatcher)( pThis->getUnoI(), pMemberTypeDescr, pUnoReturn, pUnoArgs, &pUnoExc );

calls into the binary UNO to Java bridge. So if you assume that things are fine between binary UNO and Java (which is a reasonable assumption, as that part should be mostly architecture-agnostic), I'd start to debug at the return of that pDispatcher call, and see how its return value (i.e., the return value from

        public TwoFloats echoTwoFloats( TwoFloats i_Struct) throws com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException {
            return i_Struct;
        }

in testtools/com/sun/star/comp/bridge/TestComponent.java) propagates back down to the original C++ call at testtools/source/bridgetest/bridgetest.cxx:474.