Re: Orcus 0.19.0, Apache Arrow and CMake

Hi Miklos,

On 10/3/23 02:21, Miklos Vajna wrote:
Hi Kohei,

On Mon, Oct 02, 2023 at 07:06:01PM -0400, Kohei Yoshida <kohei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's good to know.  Let me think about this for a bit.  The truth is that
I'm not 100% sure whether I can commit to working on adding CMake executable
as an additional build requirement myself.  I can imagine even adding an
additional executable to our current buildsystem can be very complex and
tedious.
Perhaps I miss something, but doxygen is already a built-time
dependency, building with cmake. So lode.git has code to install cmake,
see install_private_cmake() in bin/utils.sh in lode.git.

Thanks for the info.  This is very helpful.  Does that mean we can consider cmake to be always available during the build, or is it still considered optional?  IIRC doxygen is an optional build component.  So, in theory one can still build libreoffice without cmake by disabling doxygen?

configure doesn't (seem to) check for the availability of cmake executable.

Kohei