Re: ArrayFunctionsTest::testDubiousArrayFormulasFODS fails on ppc64le (and s390x)

On 9/1/23 15:41, Dan Horák wrote:
On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:29:23 +0200
Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
would be that the TODO comment makes it then sound like the issues on
ppc64le and s390x are also known to be due to -ffp-contract settings,
even if you would not verify that.

I have verified it's indeed caused by -ffp-contract. When set to "off",
the test passes (checked on ppc64le).

Good to know.  Please add that knowledge to the commit message.

So maybe the best thing is to turn this into a x86_64 only conditional,
and extend the TODO comment with something like "...on at least aarch64,
so lets only execute this on x86-64, where it appears to always work well:"

yeah, I think using a "positive" list would be better. I could
possibly prepare a patch, but is there an example where I can see how
the condition should look like?

For better or worse, we pass or configure.ac's "compiler independent" CPUNAME into the compiler via -D$(CPUNAME) (solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk), so something like

#if defined X86_64

should work for a positive list of just x86_64, regardless of compiler (MSVC vs. Clang/GCC).