Re: ArrayFunctionsTest::testDubiousArrayFormulasFODS fails on ppc64le (and s390x)

On 01.09.2023 05:29, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

(The underlying issue is that tests like this are, excuse my wording, utter crap. Instead of checking for exact values, they should of course check that results are in whatever acceptable range according to a spec. But Calc doesn't even come with such a spec in the first place...)

This is just me thinking out loud, but perhaps it would be beneficial for us to start thinking about systematically dealing with flaky tests. Issues with flaky tests are not unique to this project, but are (unfortunately) very common. I'm not saying I have a good solution in mind, but may be worth researching on e.g.

https://stackoverflow.blog/2023/01/17/flake-it-till-you-make-it-how-to-detect-and-deal-with-flaky-tests-ep-528/

Kohei