SQL parser

Hi all,

Can somebody answer a couple of questions?

Why if LO (I think) only parses SELECT queries, why do we have so many rules for other types of queries (INSERT, UPDATE, etc.) that are never parsed because they can only be executed in direct SQL?

Is there any way to check if changes made in sqlbison.y or sqlflex.l are working correctly? Or a way to see the resut of a request?

Thanks.

--
Juan C. Sanz