Re: Bringing multi-page floating tables to ODF

Hi Regina,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 02:40:26PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Given that, I suggest to not use a boolean attribute in ODF, but use an
> attribute with keyword values, so that all three ways can be represented.
> This does not mean, that all three values need to be implemented in
> LibreOffice immediately. But when there is some time later on, the missing
> mode can be implemented without change to ODF.

That's certainly a possibility. I wonder if there is a use-case where
this wrapping mode would be different for different tables in the
document?

If you're interested in a setting similar to OOXML's
allowTextAfterFloatingTableBreak option, that would be rather
per-document, not per-table. And there is some benefit if ODF's matching
setting would be also per-document, it simplifies the job of ODF ->
OOXML filters. If that direction makes sense, then I guess this would be
rather a second boolean in settings.xml, not a 3rd value for the
proposed text:may-break-between-pages attribute.

Would that make sense? Just trying to avoid creating trouble for
ourselves. :-)

Thanks,

Miklos