Libre Office SDK - .NET

Hi all,

there is a CLI connection delivered with the SDK that is suitable for .NET Framework 4. Unfortunately, this is not enough nowadays.
For all those who are not familiar with the Microsoft .NET Framework, I will explain things here that others have known for a long time ...
Microsoft has completely relaunched the implementation, which was initially called .NET Core. The last major version was .NET Core 3.1. This new implementation has set itself the goal of being particularly fast and, above all, cross-operating system. Many Windows-specific parts were therefore removed or newly implemented, and the interfaces were tidied up. This .NET Core has now given rise to .NET 5 and successor versions (.NET 8 on November 2023). However, this is incompatible, in a 5 or currently 7 version I cannot implement anything with a 4 framework.
Hence my urgent request to deliver the same DLLs also in .NET 6 (because this is the first "finished" version with long-term support; 5 is already out of maintenance since May 2022).

I am currently stuck in the .NET 4 framework because of LibreOffice in my old project and wanted to update it. I was now hoping with Libre Office 7.5 and the mature .NET 6 there would be a delivery.

What will be a bit of work is the new "nullable enabled" option, but that should do a lot for the code. However, it is not absolutely necessary and therefore dispensable in the first step, but good in the long run.
However, in the end you need both: the existing SDK with .NET 4 (Windows only) for legacy projects and the new .NET 6 for modern applications (not Windows only).

Is this already planned? By when can I expect an implementation?

Best regards
Klaus