Re: Junit test chart2 unoapi

Hi Laurent,

On Tue, Jul 04, 2023 at 07:46:28PM +0200, Laurent Balland <laurent.balland@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With my change [1], Jenkins complains about a Junit test which failed:
> JunitTest_chart2_unoapi
>
> But I was not able to find where is this test. File chart2/qa/unoapi/sch.sce
> has no meaning for me. Where should I look?

These .sce files list UNO object implementations where a generic test
framework will perform some testing on each and every line. The first
step would be to track down which line causes the problem for you.

Next, you can look at workdir/JunitTest/chart2_unoapi/done.log and try
to find out what the test framework tries to do with your UNO object. In
many cases it just sets all properties of the object to some value and
then gets it back and asserts that the two values are the same, or
something like that.

Hopefully once the log is shorter (just contains test results for a
single object), it's possible to read it from start to end and search
for things like FAILED or KO to see which property is the problem.

With that, you may have an idea how to adapt your change so that it
passes the test again. (In some rare cases you want to modify the test
instead, in case the API change is intentional.)

Hope this helps,

Miklos