Re: Stepping down from ESC & Developer certification committee

Hi Kendy,

Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Today is my last day at Collabora Productivity, and I have no intention
> to continue LibreOffice development as a volunteer (unless the
> environment around TDF becomes less toxic), so effective immediately,
> I'm stepping down from ESC and from the Developer certification
> committee.  Please also change my affiliation to "Unaffiliated" in the
> list of Certified developers.

It is with great sadness to read your message. I would like to join in
with all the others, to thank you profoundly, for everything you've
contributed to LibreOffice and this community, in those nearly 20
years.

People have covered your technical contributions, so let me try and
complete the picture on what you did for TDF & the community. This
project really needs to sit down & figure out how to stop frustrating
core, long-term members like that...

- I very much remember your crucial support in the early days of the
  fork, setting up TDF (infra, organisation, community), organizing
  events, mentoring, swag buying and shipping on your own dime & back
- how we discussed release plans, and how you were instrumental in
  patiently guiding that to a compromise
- how you got update notifications & infra to work, including helping
  with the various extension/template repos re-implemented and turned
  live, so we would have feature-parity with OOo there
- how you championed & shepherded personas, and many other UX topics,
  to completion
- when you (after initiatives from Italo and others) got the developer
  certification rolled into a working process, including tools &
  internal guidelines
- were instrumental in hiring UX and dev mentors
- championed the html help rework & shepherded that to completion
- ..plus all the many more things you did, over the time of now almost
  13 years on this project..

I look forward to meet you again, perhaps here in a while, or in
another context. At any rate, should you be around Hamburg, drop me a
note & we will have a beer or two. Same from Bubli, who sends warm
greetings, from another another project alumna!

All the best,

-- Thorsten