Re: ESC budget item review meeting agenda: 2023-06-22 16:00 CEST

Hello,

Since we're talking about dropping "Rolling Release: Finish MAR-based autoupdater for Windows (2021)" tender,

here are some comments I got concerning the related tdf#74934 "'Install' button in update dialog is never activated":

"

1) Do we still want this feature or should we just use update to know if there's an update (and the user does the job)?

2) Let's say I got 7.4.5 installed, do we want LO detects last version of branch 7.4 or last version of branch 7.5 ?

3) What's the status of the current implementation in LO?
Reading https://mmohrhard.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/announcing-automatically-updating-daily-windows-libreoffice-builds/ it seems there are still work to do but not sure Markus would work on it? Above all it talks about daily builds, it's very specific. I don't expect someone who has important documents should give a try to a dev version only if very clearly informed.

4) if we enable this feature, who will treat the bugtrackers related to this? I may be wrong but only Markus was working on it, would he still want to help here? Did he have some backup who would help if it's not the case? IMHO, if nobody is volunteer to work on this, the feature should be removed, no need to pile up bugs => less disappointment for users, less work for QA.

"

Julien