GSoC'23 - Select tests to run on gerrit patches based on machine learning

Hi,

I'm Baole Fang, currently pursuing a master degree in the school of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University. I'm looking forward to working with LibreOffice in the project Select tests to run on gerrit patches based on machine learning with C++ and Python.

The project aims to reduce the number of unit tests run by gerrit using machine learning. Most patches only change a small portion of the code, so only a few tests are enough. Currently, all tests are run during the build, which is a waste of resources. As mentioned in Mozilla's work, machine learning can be used to select unit tests. Therefore, I intend to use machine learning to select unit tests on gerrit patches.

Once again, it's my great pleasure to work with you on this project. I want to thank all the mentors and admins at LibreOffice to give me this amazing opportunity.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Looking forward to working with you!

Best,
Baole Fang