Re: package / tmp file usage ...

On 17/05/2023 15:42, Attila Szűcs wrote:
I can see this file on my hard drive, so it is really here.
i can view its content and it is a half made xml file
content.xml (the whole file) ~110mb big, but the compressed ods is only ~670kb. so if it would be stored only in memory, we could avoid a lot of disk writing.

Streaming to a file is fine - and in fact good =) -but- I expect that if we have another thread that deflates this as we do the streaming out - then we could save quite a chunk of I/O I think and perhaps get the compression 'for free' (and deflate is far from free unfortunately).

Of course, the idea of having ready deflated streams on disk to pack into the zip archive may not fit perfectly into whatever conceptual model but ... =)

i can understand that in most cases this extra file is not a big problem... and when the file is big enought to be a problem, than maybe the memory could be a bigger problem.. :)

	=)

		Michael.

--
michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <><, GM Collabora Productivity