GSOC '23 : Convert Writer's Java UNO API tests to C++

Hey everyone,

I am Dipam Turkar, currently pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Mandi, India. I am thrilled to share with you that I will be working with LibreOffice this summer on the project 'Convert Writer's Java UNO API tests to C++' as mentioned here https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/proposals/details/QBLttE0T. The project aims to convert the UNO API tests for LibreOffice Writer which are written in Java to C++.

The unit tests for Writer’s UNO API which were forked from OpenOffice are still implemented in Java, which in the end test C++ code making it hard to debug them. LibreOffice has had a long term plan to move them to C++. The project will also focus on fixing the unit tests for errors, if any. I intend to complete this task as my project for GSOC 2023.

Once again, it's my great pleasure to work with you on this project. I want to thank all the mentors and admins at LibreOffice to give me this amazing opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you this summer.

Thanks and Regards
Dipam Turkar