Re: Using SVG module from Skia

Hi Hossein,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 6:12 PM Hossein Nourikhah <hossein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Theoretically, If we convert the document to PDF using Skia/PDF backend,
and before that, convert the embedded SVG files to the Skia vector
representation, then it may be possible to bypass the drawinglayer, and
create a document consisting of SVG files (and not only the SVG files
separately) to PDF, and have the embedded SVG files as vector in the
output, not as bitmap.

But that now means not only changing SVG import but also our PDF export to Skia, and then there is also EMF / WMF export, which are needed in some cases.
Converting from Skia internal vector representation to drawinglayer primitives would be easier - but then probably we also lose the benefits...

I think improving svgio fidelity isn't all that hard to do and surely we can improve performance too considering that we didn't do any performance work yet.

Regards,
Hossein

Regards, Tomaž