Re: Extended color

Hi Tomaž,

Tomaž Vajngerl schrieb am 10.04.2023 um 12:30:
Hi Regina,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 7:01 PM Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    There is ongoing development on theme colors and on multi-color
    gradients. These require additions to the API and additions to ODF. The
    current solutions are not sufficient (I think) or do not exist.
    Therefore I suggest a concept of "extended color". Such "extended
    color"
    has information about the type of the color, a color value and
    transformations of the color.

    Currently in API, the gradient2 misses theme colors and XThemeColor
    misses color transformations. rng additions for theme color misses that
    color transformations in OOXML can be combined with any kind of color
    type, not only with theme colors, and thus ODF should be extended
    accordingly.

Right, well actually XThemeColor doesn't miss transformations - they just aren't exposed through the UNO type.The wrapped model::ThemeColor has the transformations, but anyway - I'm aware of this issue and I have been thinking to add at least a UNO type to represent something like a "extended" color.

For the theme definition in OOXML we already need a complete extended colors - you can find it in [1] as ColorDefinition class, but the requirement of that is completely the same as in other cases.

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/include/docmodel/theme/FormatScheme.hxx

I have currently only 'RGBHex' and 'Theme' in my ODF proposal draft. And I have put the color-transformations separate from the definition of the base color (see attachment). That was my guess from the additions to the RelaxNG. Does integrating the color-transformation into my <style:enhanced-color> would better fit to your intentions? I could change that.

The ColorType 'CRGB' did not get support in the ODF TC right away, because it is also only a variant of RGB. The same would then apply to ColorType 'HSL'. They could be converted in the xmloff export filter.

Regarding ColorType 'System' and its 'SystemColorType', I don't see yet how this can be implemented well to ODF. It would mean to have a reference to a color table defined at the user or the user's system. And it is different from CSS4 <system-color> [2], so specifying by reference to CSS4 will not work.

What is ColorType 'Palette' and 'Placeholder'? Is it something, that needs to be written to ODF markup?

 We could
make create a UNO interface for that first and a wrapper, then use it at all places where XThemeColor is used now, and also add it to the gradient.

Having a UNO interface and integration to the gradient would allow to develop ODF import/export parallel to other filter. Is that correct?

Do you see a change to get such into LO7.6 (or maybe named LO8)? Or should we not even try to get integration of multi-color gradient and theme colors to LO7.6? The current state of my start with import and export of multi-color gradient to ODF [3] does not consider "enhanced-color".

[2]
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-4/#css-system-colors
[3]
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/150060