Re: Libreoffice and Webdav behind HAProxy

On 17/3/23 16:51, Jean-Max Reymond wrote:
Le 17/03/2023 à 09:28, Jean-Max Reymond a écrit :
Hi,
I have a very strange behavior with LibreOffice and Webdav

I have a tomcat server under Ubuntu 22.04 that presents documents with the Webdav protocol.

If my tomcat server is behind apache2, I can open and save a document with LibreOffice on Ubuntu 22.04 and MS Office on Mac.

If my tomcat server is behind HAProxy, I can open a document with LibreOffice under Ubuntu 22.04 and MS Office on Mac but I can't save it with Ubuntu 22.04 while it's OK with MS Office on Mac

The message is "Error while saving the template-CRA2 document: impossible to create the object in the directory https://cloud.exemple.com/WebDav/NESTOR/jmax" translated from french" "Erreur lors de l'enregistrement du document template-CRA2: impossible de créer l'objet dans le répertoire https://cloud.exemple.com/WebDav/NESTOR/jmax"

I have traces in the tomcat servlet but I didn't notice an error code, all PROPFIND return 20x.

I have checked that all Webdav directories on the server have write permissions.

How do I know what is causing the Webdav error in Libreoffice?

Thanks for your tips,

I can reproduce with
 sudo mount -t davfs https://cloud1.exemple.com/WebDav/NESTOR/GERARD /mnt/webdav

and open a document with libreoffice in /mnt/webdav.
Open the document is OK but save failed with this message

Error while saving document template-CRA2
The object is not accessible
Impossible to access the object
because the user rights are insufficient.

It is ok with gedit, the text editor of my Ubuntu distribution.

Hi Jean-Max

Can you please test a recent master build, or 7.5.2 that was just released, or the upcoming 7.4.7?

A couple of webDAV / curl fixes were made it in these versions.

See reports:

Thank you!

--
Stéphane Guillou
Quality Assurance Analyst | The Document Foundation

Email: stephane.guillou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile (France): +33 7 79 67 18 72
Matrix: @stragu:matrix.org
Fediverse: @stragu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx