Re: Quebec standards are not European French standards

On Fri, 2023-02-24 at 17:41 -0500, i neuw wrote:
> In English
> LibreOffice, is applying European standards on documents created in
> Quebec because it is also French.
> Quebec technical standards are the same as everywhere else in North
> America. This includes paper sizes, and the hybrid Qwerty keyboard.
> Currently the French language download defaults to A4 paper and users
> have no idea why. Please implement a better regional package
> identification.

You should file a bug in our bugzilla,
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/
especially important is the Operating System. In general it's fairly
well known that Canada, regardless of language, uses Letter and not A4.
Checking locally on my Linux set up, I get Letter by default for fr_CA
and A4 for fr_FR.

I tried to record what I knew about the topic at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/DefaultPaperSize back in the day.

FWIW if the problem was the other way around, i.e. getting Letter
instead of A4 for fr_FR, then I would suspect a Debian or Debian
derived OS and suggest checking the output of paperconf.