Re: Question re the uno-skeletonmaker'-t' CLI qualifier

On 23/01/2023 03:45, David wrote:
According to https://api.libreoffice.org/docs/tools.html#uno-skeletonmaker the argument ‘-t’  “specifies a UNOIDL type name, e.g. com.sun.star.text.XText (can be used more than once)”.  This wording is the same as both the uno-skeletonmaker command-line ‘help’ and the introductory comments in the source code for 'skeletonmaker.cxx'.

However I don't understand which entity the UNOIDL type name is intended to qualify.  For example, is it the type of the skeleton code to be generated (presumably not, since that’s defined by the ‘calc-add-in’ command), the type of each value returned by the Java methods implemented in this addIn, or something else? Anything I've tried results in an "unknown entity" diagnostic.

uno-skeletonmaker apparently needs to be explicitly told where to find any referenced UNOIDL entities, via the -l option. So adding something like

-l "$OFFICE_HOME"/program/types.rdb -l "$OFFICE_HOME"/program/types/offapi.rdb

should work (in an SDK shell, on Linux at least).