Regarding GSoC Idea: Improving Zoner Draw import filter

Hello,

I had recently been checking out the GSOC 2022 Ideas list at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas (as there isn't a list yet for 2023), and one idea, in particular, caught my attention: Improve Zoner Draw import filter.
As I researched the idea further, I found out that it had been implemented the libzmf library for LibreOffice as a GSOC 2016 project and I would need to build further on top of this project.
Are there any foreseeable roadblocks or challenges to the execution of this idea?
In which area should I start focusing my research in to start working on the document to successfully implement this idea as part of GSoC 2023?
I have already sent e-mails asking for help/tips regarding this particular idea to David Tardon at dtardon@xxxxxxxxxx (who is listed as a potential mentor) and Alex P at alex.pantec@xxxxxxxxx (who did the initial implementation for libzmf library). I haven't received a reply from either yet though so just in case are there other mentors available at LibreOffice who could help me accomplish this task?
Also, Is anyone else currently aiming to implement this idea at LibreOffice or in the LibreOffice open-source community?
Lastly, are there any other tips or thoughts regarding this that you would like to give me?

Thanking for your time and consideration,
Siddharth K