Font OpenSymbol also as OpenType?

Hello,

The LibreOffice Suite includes, among other things, the font
“OpenSymbol” (opens__.ttf), which I am using in a current book project:

> (c) 2009 Sun Microsystems Inc.
> THERE DOES NOT EXIST (c) 2011 Julien Nabet
> PRECEDES <-> DOES NOT SUCCEED (c) 2011 Olivier Hallot
> PRIME <-> TRIPLE PRIME (c) 2013 Mathias Hasselmann
> phi <-> phi1 (c) 2015 Khaled Hosny
> (c) 2016 Mike Kaganski
> zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, question,
> underscore, copyright, registered, uni2215, angle, therefore, lozenge
> (c) 2010 Google Corporation
> uni20D1 (c) 2019 Takeshi Abe
> uniF030 <-> uniF039 (c) 2020 Ming Hua

I am now in the final stages of publishing that book with BoD, and I
find that Adobe PDF embeds OpenType fonts “better” than TrueType fonts.
OpenSymbol would be the only TrueType font in my project, so if I could
also embed it as an OpenType font, I would be very happy. (Presumably
there would be no problems with OpenSymbol as TrueType, but if this very
font were also available as OpenType, I would clearly prefer it).

Therefore my question: Does the font OpenSymbol is also available in a
*.otf version? Thank you.

Regards,
Dirk Wunderlich
--