Re: WollMux adoption proposal for The Document Foundation

Hello,

Just some remarks :

- since it's an extension already maintained, I don't get the interest to have it in LO

- I thought the goal was to reduce Java dependency but this extension is written in Java

- I read "deep integration with LO" but LO is written in C++ for at least 90% so a "deep integration" would be to rewrite this in C++, it would perhaps also allow to avoid UNO which slows down process, in a mailmerge it can be relevant.

(would it replace all the existing mailmerge C++ mechanism which is not perfect but which is slowly improved  year after year?)

- at least for impact, there'll be more bugtrackers automatically, just hope current maintainers will be present for triaging and bug fixing

Julien