Wanted to contribute to libreoffice but decided not to after I got abused by some list members because I offered a suggestion which they didn't like.

I wanted to contribute to libreoffice but decided not to after I got
abused by some list members because I offered a suggestion which they
didn't like.

So, I thought that why should I invest my time in libreoffice when
people in libreoffice can't handle negative feedback in a dignified
way.

It looked like libreoffice people have superiority complex.

In my opinion, all open source software require contributors to
succeed. So, they should try to get more and more contributors rather
than abusing people away who give negative feedback (which also
results in loss of future contributors).

Linux kernel is hugely successful because there if you give any
feedback, no one hits back and no one becomes defensive - instead they
say that "Why don't you fix it then?". In linux kernel world, this is
the standard - if you don't like something about the kernel then
please change it and submit a patch.

Libreoffice should adopt the same approach. Instead of becoming
defensive and abusive, people on libreoffice should say - "If you
don't like something about libreoffice, then please change it and send
a patch".

I still want to contribute to libreoffice but not until libreoffice
people tell me that I am welcome to contribute to libreoffice.

Amit