Re: Interacting with AT-SPI2 in CI environment

On Thu, 2022-11-03 at 23:19 +0100, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> My question here is: what would be acceptable in CIs, and how would
> it work to add such CI dependencies?  I'd rather not rebuild xvfb &
> al for each CI run, as it seems heavy and not very sensible: it's a
> fairly standard piece of software and I wouldn't need any specific
> version of it.

I wouldn't bother building the dependencies within the libreoffice
build. Just make them (dogtail + xvfb-run ?) additional requirements
that need to be preinstalled on the system (perhaps behind some
initially defaulted off configure option to get bootstrapped?).

Then I guess it comes down to if those extra dependencies are already
available in the package repos of the linux OS used for ci, in which
case its probably just a request to ask cloph to install them, or if
they are not in which case its probably modification to
"install_build_dep" in lode (git clone ssh://logerrit/lode.git) to
manually install them and request that lode is updated on ci (if that
doesn't already happen automatically)