Re: Date errors in LibreOffice

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Oct 2022, at 9:39 am, Juan C. Sanz <jcsanz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

A few weeks ago I proposed a patch https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/138845 related to bug tdf#150587, which removed what I felt was an artificial limitation on the range of dates that can be entered in some LibreOffice form controls.

Due to some comments, I reverted the patch and started to do some testing of the behavior of dates in LibreOffice.

That is some excellent testing! Kudos to you for the hard work. I wonder if it might not be best to log the bugs anyway?

FWIW, your proposal to use the Gregorian calendar seems pretty reasonable to me.  However, it’s not an area of the code I have any experience with, so take this with a grain of salt.

Chris