Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2022-10-13

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 16:45, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
     + regular Windows / macOS problems
     + brainstorm: how could we run this differently?
       + e.g. clone a VM every single time for each build
       + if happens only 1 time out of 100 times, keep a copy for investigation
     + don't dislike the idea (Cloph)
       + most Windows machines are already virtualized
       + multiple VMs is more complex than just a few VMs for Windows
       + less concerned about Macs
       + cygwin is also another source of problems for Windows
         + dialog leakage when these pop-up on the screen
         + a fresh VM would solve this, but a setup time would increase
       + next year plan: replace Windows Server with Windows 11, because server will be EOL
       + could use virtualization features more

Personally, I think it would be a lot simpler (on Windows) to use something like
which uses the native Windows Job APIs, so it should provide fairly robust termination,
and also possibly allow us to grab stack traces for the offending unit tests.