high contrast accessibility application guidelines?

Is there a set of guidelines as to the intent of high contrast within
documents?

As far as I can see in impress/draw/shapes we ignore/force-highcontrast
text color, line color and fill colors, and there's a certain logic to
that. And in general in documents we use a high contrast text selection
mode.

On the other hand in writer we do show the real text color and fill
color in the normal document content, but do the opposite for shapes
and for the content of frames. If we use the insert, table UI, then we
have forced colors in the preview of what the table will look like, but
the final inserted table then doesn't have forced colors.