Re: Touchpad gesture support (e.g. for zooming via touchpad pinch gestures)

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 12:16 PM Povilas Kanapickas <povilas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to implement support for touchpad gesture handling to
LibreOffice. This is useful e.g. for zooming views using two-finger
pinch touchpad gesture or rotating objects using two-finger rotate gesture.

I have implemented this functionality in GIMP and would like to do the
same for LibreOffice. In LibreOffice case the implementation will be
more complex, as there are more backends than just GTK, but this will
just require more work.

There is a proof of concept implementation that wires touchpad gestures
on GTK to the ViewShell widget. As a result it's possible to use
touchpad pinch gesture to zoom in-out the main slide in Impress.

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/138791/1 (note that
implementation is split across 5 changes in the chain).

Please let me know what do you think about this problem and the proof of
concept solution.

Looks great.

The reason why GestureEvent is called so generally is that there should only be one common gesture event for all types of gestures - even if that would also mean it would have all the member variables of all the gestures - for simplicity. But I guess that approach is also ok...

I would like to eventually add touchpad gesture support to all UI
elements of LibreOffice where that makes sense.

I have experimented with panning support years ago - maybe some code pointers will be useful.

https://pastebin.com/2xHfSe8B

Cheers,
Povilas

Tomaž