Re: Standalone Excel to csv conversion?

EML wrote:
Question: how realistic is it to hack Calc to extract a stand-alone Excel-to-csv converter? I can do the development as long as I can get usable results in a few days, and I don't have to write anything that's not C++. However, this is a non-starter if there are any Java dependencies (the code has to run on a webapp which is a minimal Ubuntu server install); I need something which can either link into a C++ app, or be run directly with minimal dependencies.

If just running a standalone command-line app is acceptable, I would just use the soffice command-line arguments. Here is an example of someone else doing it:

https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/converting-to-csv-using-libreoffice/26760