Re: Question about LibreOffice installation

On 21.02.2022 12:38, Wael Haidar wrote:
Let's say I downloaded the MSI package of  libreoffice, is there a way to select what products I need to install ? for example just the "LibreImpress" ?

The component selector was removed in LibreOffice 4.2 [1] because of problems it created for users, without any sizable benefit. Note that, as others described, LibreOffice does not consist of different applications; so the pre-existing function was only removed small configuration files and shortcuts, which didn't save space, but just disabled respective menu items and functionality.

If, however, you definitely need to disable those, and you understand the implications like possible absent/failing functionality (like unusable mail merge in Writer, when you didn't "install" Base), you still can do that - either manually, by removing the configuration files, as explained at [2], or by using installation arguments - see Msiexec use examples at [3]; the relevant features (that you would use either with ADDLOCAL or REMOVE) would be gm_p_Calc, gm_p_Draw, gm_p_Impress, gm_p_Base, gm_p_Math, gm_p_Wrt.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.2#Installer_.28Windows_only.29
[2] https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/dont-need-impress-or-calc/62394/6
[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Deployment_and_Migration

--