Re: About removing Beanshell/Javascript (Rhino) ?

On 24/01/2022 10:00, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
FWIW, I find this Java REPL thingit very useful (is it called Groovy?)
for rapid prototyping of Java code. There's a (very basic) editor for
that buried in the macro dialog.

You mean the BeanShell scripting, with an editor window (with a "Run" button) via "Tools - Macros - Organize Macros - BeanShell... - Edit"? Removal of which is what this thread is about.

Whether that's something that needs to remain in core, or can be just
shunted into an extension, I've got no strong opinions on.

Someone would need to create such an extension, then. (Assuming that it's actually possible to provide such scripting backends through extensions, but I strongly assume it is.)