Re: tdf#140286 - CALC formula =INFO("OSVERSION") gives wrong output

On 13.01.2022 10:38, Chris Sherlock wrote:

That’s my take also. But apparently, it isn’t important on Linux so we
shouldn’t change it. Because no-one uses Excel on Linux, therefore
they would never use this function if they use Linux.

I wasn't there obviously so I don't know the nuance of the discussion. But the fact that nobody uses Excel on Linux means we have a bit of freedom to decide what to return there since we are not bound by the compatibility concerns, rather than just declaring "we shouldn't change it". That'd be my take.

Of course, I don't have a skin in the game, so I'll leave the final decision to whoever is more appropriate.

Kohei