Re: submit a revised patch to an abandoned gerrit change

On 12.1.2022 17.42, Chris Sherlock wrote:

On 13 Jan 2022, at 12:11 am, Winfried Donkers <winfried.libreoffice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have the same menu, but just next to the menu button (the vertical ...),
on the left side, there is also a RESTORE button.

Might only work for own patches.

OK, thanks all, I'll simply submit a new patch and refer to the abandoned one (I have no need for elevated permissions).

Winfried

I think the issue will be, however, that the authorship information will have been diluted. I guess if you note in the commit message who the original author was and that you adapted it that would probably be fine.

One can do

git commit --author='First Last <some@email>'

Ilmari