Re: Problem with vswhere.exe

On 24.11.2021 15.09, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
It seems there is some recent issue with vswhere.exe that is making the invocation in our configure.ac give blank output. This is now affecting three newcomers.

Mike Kaganski has been providing assistance and we have double-checked screenshots of Visual Studio installer. The installers show the right components, but this command outputs nothing on the affected systems:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe" -prerelease -version "[ 16 , 17 )" -requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64 -property installationPath

This happened both with VS2019 and 2022.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

One of these was now solved in a screensharing call with Hossein. The reson was that with VS2022 one needs this in autogen.input:

--with-visual-studio=2022

The VS2019 one was solved earlier with a Windows update.

The third person was also using VS2022, so I will let them know about this.

Ilmari