Re: Tests for improvement in rendering

Hi Regina,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:28 PM Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Tomaž,

your dump works in principle. I can read the xml-file and build the
assertXPath.

For example, I am able to write a test about the material properties
'specular' and 'specularIntensity' of an object. Such is needed to
verify correct values in case of material 'Metal'.

But while creating a test about material 'Matte', I have seen this problem:
The method createNewSdrLightingAttribute() in
/core/svx/source/sdr/primitive2d/sdrattributecreator.cxx collects the
lights. But it does not record, which light it is. So in my case the
dump writes e.g.

<lights>
      <light color="#aaaaaa" directionVectorX="0" directionVectorY="0"
specular="1"/>
      <light color="#383838" directionVectorX="0" directionVectorY="0"
specular="0"/>
      <light color="#464646" directionVectorX="0" directionVectorY="0"
specular="0"/>
<lights>

I cannot see which lights they are.
The old wrong solution has used light 1, light 2 and light 3.
The new working solution uses light 2, light 3 and light 4.

I would need to test, that light 1 (which is always a spot light) is not
used. Using light 1 had produced the error, that the appearance was not
'Matte'.

I could test, that the third color has the correct value, but that would
only test indirectly, what the fix does. Shall I do it nevertheless?

Can you describe in the test what is missing and can't be tested and once you push it to gerrit I'll look how this can be solved.

Kind regards,
Regina

Regards, Tomaž