Re: Tests for improvement in rendering

Hi Tomaž,

thank you for adding that part and providing an example.

Tomaž Vajngerl schrieb am 08.11.2021 um 16:33:
Hi Regina,

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 10:01 AM Tomaž Vajngerl <quikee@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:quikee@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Regina,

    I guess rendering the shape to primitives and then dumping the
    primitives to an xml and asserting the values should do it, however
    the Primitive2dXmlDump will probably need to be extended for 3D
    primitives. I'll try to make a test that will cover some of the
    rendering aspects for fontworks.

I have extended the Primitive2dXmlDump [1] so it also should be able to dump 3D primitives (and introduced Primitive3dXmlDump for that). The key here is the ScenePrimitive2D, which is the 2D "surface" on which the 3D scene is rendered to.

With this you should be able to write tests for fontwork objects and also other 3D objects. As an example I've added testFontWorks (svx/qa/unit/svdraw.cxx). Tell me if there is something missing.

  [1]: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/124804

First I need to update my build. Then I will try it. I had never before made a test with Primitive2dXmlDump.

Kind regards,
Regina