Week #10 Report - GSoC - 100 Paper Cuts

Hi all,

GSoC progress for week #10.

> Blog post for week #10: https://bayramcicek.com.tr/libreoffice-dev/2021/08/16/week-10-gsoc.html

> Calc: Border preview doesn’t show the diagonal borders in Cell Appearance section

    - Bug: tdf#143890 - Border preview doesn’t show the diagonal borders
    - Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/120519

In (Sidebar Tab) Properties > Cell Appearance, Calc always shows preview of the selected cell borders. For example; if LEFT border set in a cell, the preview shows LEFT border (as expected). But this feature doesn’t show the preview of diagonal borders. When we set (e.g.)diagonal RIGHT border in a cell, the preview doesn’t update itself to show diagonal RIGHT border. With the commit, everything works as expected.

> Created a new commit for tdf#51665: (WIP) Support diagonal borders in Writer-Tables

    - Bug: tdf#51665 - Support diagonal borders in TABLEs
    - Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/120262

patchset1:
- implement RES_BOX_TLBR attribute
- add SID_ATTR_BORDER_DIAG_TLBR

patchset2:
- improve case SID_ATTR_BORDER_DIAG_TLBR (tabsh.cxx)
- add diagonal left condition in ndtbl1.cxx

- try to draw diagonal left border:
        - drawing in a cell seems complicated.
        - currently it draw TLBR line on the document layout, not in current cell.
        - we have to draw TLBR line in current cell. (needs improvement)

> Summary of week #10
    - Fixed: tdf#143890 - Border preview doesn’t show the diagonal borders
    - Worked on diagonal borders in Writer-Tables, and published 2 new patchsets

    Commits:

    - https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/120519
    - https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/120262

> Next week TO-DO:

    - Write “Final Report” blog post
    - Make last changes on patches that on gerrit
    - try to draw diagonal borders for Writer-Tables.

Thank you all.

--
Regards,
Bayram Çiçek