Re: Can I submit patches from my colleagues?

Hello Jeff,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 4:17 PM Jeff Huang <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can I submit patches from my colleagues to LibreOffice Gerrit?
This is our company license statement:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2020-February/084572.html
If I can do this, how can I do? Thank you.

Yes, you can submit the patches from your colleagues. There are two options:

1. Submit patches by yourself on behalf of them with your own email address, and add this note in the commit description:

Co-authored-by: ... (Other person's name and email address)

2. Add multiple addresses to your Gerrit account, and submit the patches using the email address you want. This is OK as long as the other email is available in your Gerrit account. Every email address should be verified by the owner.

On the other hand, we would be happy to see the people submit their patches by themselves. The disadvantage of using a proxy for sending patches is that there would be an indirect communication between the reviewer(s) and the author. As you know, the author should get involved in the submission process to do the changes and fixes suggested by the reviewers before the submission is accepted and merged.

Regards,
Hossein

--
Hossein Nourikhah, Ph.D.