Week #5 Report - GSoC - 100 Paper Cuts

Hi,

GSoC progress for week #5.

> Blog post for week #5: https://bayramcicek.com.tr/libreoffice-dev/2021/07/11/week-05-gsoc.html

> About Writer-Images

Last week I shared a blog post of my research on tdf#34438, and this week I posted a comment about my 2-week research on the bug page of tdf#34438, and Regina Henschel replied with a comment here (thanks for the reply):

[…] So from my point of view we should get rid of Writer-images. But that is a long way. […] So to get rid of Writer-images it would be necessary to implement the services, which are provided by Writer-images for Draw-images too …

So, the last decision is: get rid of writer-images. Convert them into drawing objects ,but also implement the writer-images services/attributes to drawing-images.

> Prevent jump to top of the comment view / Writer-comments

Bug: tdf#91519: Jump of document canvas view to the top of the comment disrupts editing of long comments.

Commit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/118638 (waiting for review)

In Writer, there are 3 issues about comment section:

    - comment section scrolls to top of its view when clicking inside a comment view.

    - clicking inside a comment view, scrolls the view to old cursor location automatically (if old cursor out of the visible area).

    - comment section scrolls automatically to the old selected text (if it’s out of visible area) when clicking inside the Writer canvas view.

Setting the proper LockView() and ShowCursor() states solved these issues.

> Summary of week #5

    - We decided that we should get rid of writer-images and convert them into the drawing objects without losing the services of writer-images
    - Sent a patch about tdf#91519: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/118638

> Next week(#6) TO-DO:

    - Work on tdf#51665: Support diagonal borders in TABLEs
    - Update the UI for diagonal borders

Thank you all.

--
Regards,