Re: Trouble with unittests testDmlTextshape and testDmlTextshapeB

Hi Miklos, hi all,

after having looked over the problems again, I think that it is not enough to improve the import. The export must be fixed at the same time, otherwise the user gets a heavily modified document after saving and reloading. Until now, saving and reloading deliver a mostly unchanged document, because the errors in saving and loading cancelled each other out. If the user only worked with LibreOffice in docx format, he did not even notice that the document would look completely different in Word.

I think, that I have found a wrong part in DrawingML::WriterTransform() in oox/source/export/drawingml.cxx. For a group shape not only nLeft and nTop need to be zero, but nChildLeft and nChildTop too. Having that changed, only tiny adaptions of unit tests are needed.

But I wonder, why the values are not zero from the beginning. Looking up the call chain I see, that rRect gets it position from properties "HoriOrientPosition" and "VertOrientPosition". Shouldn't they be zero for a group, because all position adaptions are incorporated into the group members?

Another export problem is with wrong dist* and effectExtent values. I have found calculations with them in DocxSdrExport::startDMLAnchorInline in sw/source/filter/ww8/docxsdrexport.cxx. Is that the only place to consider?

Because this seems to be going to be a large patch, I would appreciate getting feedback as early as possible so that I do not oversee affected areas and the general direction is correct.

Kind regards
Regina