Re: Recursive use of non-recursive std::mtuex in Scheduler::ProcessTaskScheduling?

On 09.02.21 19:47, Luboš Luňák wrote:
On Tuesday 09 of February 2021, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

I wasn't anymore aware, that PeekMessage, called from AnyInput, will
actually dispatch messages (well - the API docs start with "Dispatches
incoming sent messages").

  I did notice that, but I thought it was related only to PM_REMOVE. I find
PeekMessage( PM_NOREMOVE ) processing messages to be pretty lame :(.

oh, i guess that surprises everyone at some point... synchronous SendMessage() are dispatched asap at every message API call before async PostMessage() are handled, to unblock other threads.

this is actually good because it prevents the deadlock i used to think was unsolvable in the last slide of my 2014 conference talk.