Re: About preparing migration towards gtk4

On 06/01/2021 14:56, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Julien,

On 18/12/2020 21:46, julien2412 wrote:
Gtk4 has been released 2 days ago, I know that migration from a version to
another version is not a 1 month work, but thought it could be interesting
and it can't hurt the current state of LO to begin to prepare it by
	Then again - doing work to use more modern APIs sounds sensible -
assuming that they are not too modern (I guess lots of them tend to get
added when they developed gtk4 which is really very recently for those
who care about APIs >6 months old ;-)

Thank you Michael for your feedback. I must recognize I just heard about SolarMutex, Uno, etc. but even if I read during days the Uno code/SolarMutex mechanism, I'll never have the patience to read the related code (and above all I'm not smart enough to understand how it works).

What I understand is there's a lot of work to do to be gtk4 compliant so I suppose it's not too early at all to think about it considering the changes it needs.

Hope gtk3 won't be deprecated too soon by Gnome :-)

Julien