Have to set up IDE for Java again, any hints?

Hello
I've been trying to fix a bug in the Libreoffice Base reportbuilder, and to push the bugfix I deleted some stuff from my libreoffice folder that had nothing to do with my changes. now I found bugs in my bugfix and my carefully hacked together eclipse fails to read the sources again wich it barely did before. I was unable to find the Instructions I need online. There was only c++ setups, no java, and if there was java, it was to create my own plugin wich i'm also not doing. Can someone please show me instructions on how to easily and correctly setup any opensource IDE on Linux to debug the reportbuilder?
Greetings,
Gerrit Großkopf