Re: How to debug slow startup times?

On 11.12.2020 19.36, Paul Menzel wrote:
My parents, the most important users, noted slow startup times of LibreOffice. It turns out, that lots of installed fonts slow it down considerably [1].

Unrelated from this concrete issue, do you have tools to debug the startup time? I tried `strace -ff -ttt -o …`, but it turned out to be quite convoluted, but also pointed to some six seconds gap. Do you have tools or scripts to start LibreOffice with the right switches or programs, and print out the greatest offenders?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug#Performance_debugging_.28perf.29

Note that you need symbols, either from your distro packages or in your own build.

Ilmari