Re: calc: jumbo sheets on windows (never gonna happen)

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 16:51, Luboš Luňák <l.lunak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 06 of October 2020, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Honestly, the only solution I can think of (and one I confidently expect us
> to reject), is that we declare a flag day, and search and replace
> sal_Long/sal_uLong/long/unsigned long with a 64-bit type across the ENTIRE
> code base.

 Does it really need to be this extensive though? E.g. VCL should be more or
less safe from this, I think trying any drawing with >32bit sizes is simply
not going to work one way or another.

We extensively use shared types like tool::Rectangle in sc.
 Also, how realistic of a solution would be to compile with the
undefined-behaviour sanitizer and make it fail on overflows as a way to get a
decent enough coverage of the problematic areas?

If you can get that working under Windows, sure, that could help.