LibreOffice setup wizard

escudo

LibreOffice Team
Setup Wizard

    Congratulations on the 7th version, looks like a completion of a long work. The digital signature compatibility seems to be working fine as well as all functionalities. The current mail is to address an issue that has taken place for years and for what i seen if we don't do any changes will continue to carry to who know when.

    On the wizards as well as the dictionary when you want to pick castellan (castellano) it's associated with Spanish, and there for an error Spanish is geolocated and reference to Spain, in it the oficial language is Castellan and some others, at least 2 more very frequent. In South America, we primary speak and write in South American Castellan (Castellano sudamericano), the origin of the language is a kingdom and not the country it's from the Reino de Castilla claro está. For the Sudamenrican Castellan, we use the neutral Venezuelan or the Mexican neutral, without slang's, it's not mandatory but as experience shows they use lees own words and it's greatly accepted.

    It would be a nice improvement to change the name of the language installation as the spellcheck option to the correct terms, also the way it's manage could be improved greatly if there were a question of interface language and if is it needed more than one language, that way it would not be necessary to display the whole list of languages just a Dropbox in case a checkbox is selected, it could even be download on request thing.

    I'm attaching a screenshot of a dictionary were you can clearly read what I'm trying to explain, notice that the academy is from Spain but the language is Castellan.

Best Reggards
Pablo Rodríguez R.

La información contenida en esta transmisión es confidencial y no puede ser usada o difundida por personas distintas a su(s) destinatario(s). El uso no autorizado de la información contenida en esta transmisión puede ser sancionado criminalmente de conformidad con la ley chilena. Si ha recibido esta transmisión por error por favor destrúyala y notifique al remitente.