Re: Suggestion: No more language packs for macOS as they are fundamentally broken

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 21:05, Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Probably too terse. I meant solving the help issue → installing the
help into a different directory and dealing with what you would have
to deal with languagepacks, meaning handling the different versions of
main LO, providing some uninstallation or similar, etc. So when you
install help to another directory, to me it seems like a small step to

Not a small step at all. A huge step.

Help is relatively self-contained and is only triggered via one or two pathways in LO.

For various reasons rooted in antiquity, language and spell-check stuff has sticky fingers deep into the heart of one of the gnarliest parts of LO.