Re: Doxygen

Yes i confirm there are some lacks in doxygen. I'm not able to generate myself documentation.  It will be interesting to generate uml diagram.
The doxygen process never ends on my computer.  I'm trying to test Sourcetrails which is recently opensourced. It looks better for me. My goal would be to able to recognize easily design pattern, inheritance and where add méthods  without pain. For occasionnal self taught developper, it's tricky to have global view of classes without a tool.

Regards,

Régis.

Le jeu. 30 avr. 2020 à 03:35, Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi Michael

Em 29/04/2020 13:39, Michael Stahl escreveu:
> hi Olivier,

(snip)

> so you are unhappy with the current state? what in particular don't you
> like about the API documentation?

The way information is presented to the non-developer is sub-optimal.
Pre-Doxygen sdk was much easier to navigate and get information as the
ues cases below

With installed sdk in his computer at
file:///opt/libreoffice6.4/sdk/index.html

Let's suppose I am a candidate to macro programming and want to

Use case 1 : Search for ThisComponent -> no matches

Use Case 2 : What are the methods/properties under getSheets() ?
Answer : search for getSheets returns
file:///opt/libreoffice6.4/sdk/docs/idl/ref/interfacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1sheet_1_1XSpreadsheetDocument.html#a3ea7cfcc41c4d4690228e62ca4a6a55d

where it says
Public Member Functions
com::sun::star::sheet::XSpreadsheets    getSheets ()
        returns the collection of sheets in the document. More...

NO mention to methods and properties of the collection object.

just 2 examples on how hard it is to get information currently.

I remind that if this sdk/documentation should be improved, we can look
to get a resource funded by Google, provided we format into a tech doc
project.

Kind regards
--
Olivier Hallot