Re: Building skia with clang(-cl)

On 23/04/2020 15:48, Luboš Luňák wrote:
  Just for completeness, there's one more option, and that's using Clang-cl
instead of MSVC for everything. E.g. Mozilla does it, it is already possible
to build LO that way (and I think Stephan does that regularly?).

  I'm not promoting this option though, as there are drawbacks to it too.
Clang-cl currently builds noticeably more slowly then MSVC with
enabled-by-default PCHs (for half a year I still haven't managed to get into
Clang my PCH patches *sigh*), and I don't know how much testing
Clang-cl-built LO has received. At least at this point it's probably better
to just go with the gbuild hack I've created.

I routinely make (--enable-dbgutil etc.) builds with clang-cl from a locally-built LLVM/Clang trunk (i.e., not using whatever Visual Studio might offer) on Windows. For quite a while now, they consistently fail during `make check` in CppunitTest_sc_financial_functions_test and CppunitTest_sc_mathematical_functions_test, for reasons I have not yet explored. (My main motivation for those builds is to have loplugin also cover Windows-only code.)