MacOS support; agenda item ESC

Hi All,

A ESC agenda item proposal

The LibreOffice MacOS support is pretty dramatic.  No surprise without  a Mac developer around; or maybe one? No developers/ or no developers with macs.  The Mac code is legacy as far I know. There are enough depreciation warning within the code. It still surprises me it's still working; more or less. It really needs some love.

However Mac users are a relatively 'small' group of users. Getting smaller with every broken release. Fixing if for free while mac users can afford macs is makes the situation not easier. There must be some way out of this deadlock. To make LibreOffice Mac great again. We come in a area where 'open source' and 'commercial interest' meet each other. The problematic part. I wish a company could step up and fix/hack the current issue and bring the old mac code to modern standards. However it makes no sense doing this for free. There some be some time to get a return on investments. Impossible if the code flows into TDF builds directly. Maybe a work around would be a to make the code public, however TDF/Libreoffice holding releasing pre-builds versions with updated code for a certain time-frame? Or a company sponsored crowdfunding project? I would even consider TDF to release new MacOS builds, they are broken for most users anyway. Not sure if this fits into to the TDF principles and Legal area etc. Only hoping for a solution.

Regards,
Telesto